Mango Strawberry Pie
The perfect dessert for the holidays! With this cake you can choose as decoration between mango and pineapple. Pineapple brings something very tropical to your Christmas but also many health benefits. Pineapples are rich in vitamins such as beta-cartotene, vitamin E and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, copper, manganese, zinc and iodine. So we wish you healthy but also wonderful holidays!
- 2 cup dried coconut
- ½ cup soaked cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon zest of lime or orange
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt (or Celtic sea salt)
- 2 cup soaked dried mangos
- 5 pitted dates
- ½ cup of macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 peeled fresh mango or pineapple cut into dice
- Coconut chips
- 1 cup of strawberries
Grind the cake base ingredients into a dough ball in a food processor. Express the dough in a cake pan with a loose bottom.
Blend all filling ingredients in a powerful blender to a smooth, fairly thick sauce. Mix in the pieces of fresh mango or pineapple by hand. Fill the cake base with the filling and decorate with coconut chips, mango and strawberries.