Amanprana Bamboo Salt 1 x Roasted Fine Powder 110 Grams
Amanprana Bamboo Salt 1 x Roasted Fine Powder 110 Grams
These days, our diet contains much less nutrients than, say, 50 years ago. But today we need more nutrients to break down pollutants and chemicals in our bodies. Minerals activate vitamins and trigger enzymes that remove waste. No vitamins without minerals. Salt ensures that nutrients are properly transported through our body and absorbed into our cells.
What’s special about bamboo salt, is that it contains a very high concentration of minerals. Bamboo salt is therefore far more than an aromatic seasoning. It is an easy and natural way to add extra nutritional strength to your food every day. Sprinkle this powerful bamboo salt over your food or take some salt crystals every day. Bamboo salt is very salty and it has a high sulphur content, which you can also taste. After a while that taste fades and you can even taste some sweetness.
How is it that there are so many minerals in bamboo salt?
Bamboo salt is made by packing sea salt, harvested in Korea from the Yellow Sea, into hollow bamboo stems. These stems are then sealed at both ends with mineral-rich clay and baked with pine wood in a hot oven. The bamboo burns away to ash, leaving behind white columns of salt. These are broken into pieces, after which the whole process is repeated up to eight times – depending on the desired quality of the finished product. The ninth and final time, resin is used to melt the salt at 1300°C. The salt transforms into a liquid, then cools into a rock-hard mass that is crushed to create the highly-prized granules of bamboo salt, or ground into powdered bamboo salt.
Each time bamboo salt is roasted, once, twice or 9 times, the quality goes up. More impurities are removed and the concentration of minerals (such as calcium, potassium, iron, copper and zinc) in the salt goes up. The colour also gets darker and darker. Bamboo salt roasted 9 times is therefore called purple salt. It takes 3 years to roast bamboo salt 9 times!
The roasting process also gives the salt a high sulphur content. This makes bamboo salt very alkaline or base (pH value between 9 and 12), while most types of salt are acidic. Bamboo salt can therefore have a neutralising effect on acidic food, which makes a good breeding ground for many diseases.
Different size bamboo salt grains for different uses
You can use bamboo salt for many things; a mineral-rich supplement or to enrich your food, but also to brush your teeth, in your bath, or as a saline solution for the nose, eyes and face. Depending on the use, you can go for fine or coarse salt.
- 1 x roasted bamboo salt is very fine, almost a powder. Ideal as kitchen salt or table salt. Also easy to make into a saline solution.
- 2 x roasted bamboo salt is fine, similar to fleur de sel.
- 9 x roasted comes in coarse and very coarse grain sizes. This coarse bamboo salt is ideal as a supplement.
You can eat bamboo salt granules as a snack between meals. People with stomach or gut complaints may experience mild nausea at first, but this is a sign that the body needs more bamboo salt. Gradually increase the quantity and the nausea will disappear.
When preparing food: use bamboo salt like ordinary salt, to give your dishes more flavour.
As a salt solution: Dissolve a few bamboo salt granules in water. You can use this salt solution for a wide range of purposes.
- You can use it as a mouthwash, or gargle with it, to improve the condition of your gums.
- As a nasal rinse.
- As an eyewash, to care for your eyes.
- Use it to clean your face – it can help purify your skin, clear up acne and prevent skin ageing.
As a scrub: rub a few salt granules over your wet skin for smooth, flawless skin.
As a shampoo: place a small handful of salt granules on your scalp and massage for around five minutes, then rinse well. It’s good for dandruff and will improve the condition of your hair. You can also add a few salt granules to your normal shampoo.
As a toothpaste: brush your teeth with a few salt granules to improve the condition of your gums.
Why do we need minerals and salt?
Although minerals account for only 3.5% to 4% of our body, they do have a major influence on how they function. They activate vitamins and are therefore at the core of how our body functions. A lack can cause many problems, but you can't just top it up! To be absorbed properly , it is important that they are natural minerals and preferably in the right proportions. Too much of any one mineral works against the absorption or effect of the other minerals.
Salt is vital in life. Salt contains sodium, a substance we do not make ourselves, but which is essential for the proper functioning of muscles and nerve cells, and which also controls our blood pressure and fluids balance. Each salt contains its own unique combination of minerals and trace elements that enable the salt to do its job properly. So it is not a question of consuming less salt but of consuming BETTER, mineral-rich salt.
Why is bamboo salt even better than sea salt?
Sea salt is already an interesting type of salt naturally containing many minerals. But processing it into bamboo salt offers additional benefits:
- Removing impurities: Our seas are heavily polluted. The traditional roasting process for making bamboo salt, above 1300C, is a scientific method to remove all chemicals and impurities from sea salt.
- Making minerals easier to absorb: Minerals out of the ground are not easily absorbed by the human body and not all minerals in sea salt can be absorbed by humans. The process of baking at high temperatures causes the elements or minerals to form other compounds, making them very easily absorbed by the human body.
- Combine beneficial, natural minerals: By baking them all together, we can combine natural minerals from bamboo, clay and resin with salt. In bamboo salt you will also find minerals that would otherwise not be found in sea salt. Bamboo has been used in Asia for centuries as a medicinal herb against various disorders.
|Amanprana Bamboo Salt 1 x Roasted Fine Powder 110 Grams|
|Land of origin||Korea|
|Ingredients||95% Sea Salt, Bamboo Carbon|
|Application||You can use bamboo salt for many things, to enrich your food, to brush your teeth, in your bath or as a solution for the nose.It depends on the fine or coarse salt for what you use it for.|
|Storage instructions||Store on a cool, dry place.|
|Portion / Portion per package||-|